This collection contains resources relating to the new MFL GCSE Subject Content for French, German and Spanish. The resources aim to support the creation of GCSE vocabulary lists for each language by providing several types of high-frequency word list: a) words sorted by thematic categories; b) words that fit the patterns of derivational morphology in the new GCSE specification; and c) words that exemplify regular word families, as described in the GCSE Subject Content. The collection also contains an example GCSE word list for each language.
- GCSE modern foreign languages (MFL) subject content review – GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
- GCSE French, German and Spanish subject content – GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
- Reforms to encourage more students to take up language GCSEs – GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
- New assessments for GCSE French, German and Spanish – GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
- NCELP MFL CPD Course on KS3 and KS4 MFL curriculum design and pedagogy. With modules on curriculum design, phonics, vocabulary, grammar, culture and cultural capital, and assessment.
- NCELP resource full of information about the vocabulary used in the current GCSE exams and current word lists.