Information about the East Riding Blended CPD Course
This blended version of our NCELP CPD course has been developed for participants who wish to work flexibly through the modules at a personalised pace through self-study yet enjoy opportunities for discussion with a Course Leader and fellow participants from schools in the East Riding area through a dedicated Teach-Meet per module.
Our FREE CPD course takes an in-depth look at KS3/4 Modern Foreign Language (MFL) curriculum design and pedagogy. It offers an unparalleled opportunity for teachers to develop a comprehensive understanding of the 2016 MFL Pedagogy Review recommendations, providing a springboard for any curriculum and pedagogy development planning in light of the new subject content for GCSE French, German and Spanish. The course is in line with the:
- 2016 MFL Pedagogy Review recommendations
- 2021 Ofsted research review
- New Subject Content for French, German and Spanish GCSE – for first teaching in 2024 with first exams in summer 2026.
You will be successfully admitted to register for this course if you are involved in Modern Foreign Language education and you are working in a school in the East Riding of Yorkshire that receives public funding from the government and teaches French and/or German and/or Spanish.
- Practising teachers in state schools (any number of teachers can apply from a single school)
- Unqualified practising teachers
- Secondary school advisors/consultants (employed by a school, an academy trust or a local authority to support state schools)
The course is designed for those new to NCELP approaches, though it would also suit participants who want to develop their understanding further (for example teachers who have already adopted NCELP Schemes of Work).
East Riding Blended CPD Course
We are offering teachers that work in schools in the East Riding of Yorkshire an opportunity to join a regional cohort on our Blended CPD Course and to attend a face to face end of programme event with all East-Riding course completers from Spring 22/ Summer 22/ Autumn 22/ blended model.
The course consists of five self-study modules available on the NCELP Learning Management System (LMS) on: principles of curriculum design, phonics, vocabulary, grammar and culture, each complemented by a 60 minute dedicated Teach-Meet, led by our experienced Course Leader, Jenny Hopper. A further self-study opportunity on assessment is offered as an optional sixth module. Each module of the course is split into a number of parts. This allows participants to undertake each module in a number of different sittings. There are activities included within each part to help strengthen participants’ understanding of the themes, such as reflection questions and ‘hands-on’ tasks.
The ‘live’ elements of the programme will take place on the following dates and times:
- Module 1 Teach-Meet (Curriculum Design): Tue 18th Oct, 16:00-17:00
- Module 2 Teach-Meet (Phonics): Tue 15th Nov, 16:00 – 17:00
- Module 3 Teach-Meet (Vocabulary): Tue 13th Dec, 16:00 – 17:00
- Module 4 Teach-Meet (Grammar): Tue 10th Jan, 16:00 – 17:00
- Module 5 Teach-Meet (Culture and Intro to Assessment): Tue 7th Feb, 16:00 – 17:00
- End of programme event (venue in the East Riding area tbc): Tue 28th Feb, 16:00 – 17:30
Please read the pre-registration guidance notes, terms and conditions for the course and the privacy notice before completing the online registration form, links below.
The recommended deadline for registrations is 11th October so that participants have time to complete the pre-course knowledge quiz and module 1 content on the NCELP LMS prior to the first Teach-Meet.