Resources and recordings from the NCELP Hub Day Webinar 2020
This webinar was hosted as an NCELP Hub event only. The original events schedule outlined each Lead School hosting a physical event where the target audience were schools local to them who have been involved peripherally with NCELP in some way. We decided to move to a central webinar given the current situation.
We are planning a wider event later in the autumn term beyond the current network and those who were invited to the webinar. More details to follow next term!
Optional background materials
- Phonics: Part 1 – Research and rationale (link to Resource Portal)
- Phonics: Part 2 – NCELP approach to teaching phonics (link to Resource Portal)
- Vocabulary: Part 1 – Research and rationale (link to Resource Portal)
- Vocabulary: Part 2 – Teaching and learning vocabulary (link to Resource Portal)
- Grammar: Teaching and learning of foreign language grammar (link to Resource Portal)
Webinar presentations and session recordings
Visit the Hub Day Webinar collection on the Resource Portal for all presentations. In the description of each resource you will find a link to a recording of the session on YouTube.
Direct links to the resources and video recordings are included below:
- Keynote session: SOW / Curriculum Development and OFSTED (link to the Resource Portal), Emma Marsden and Rachel Hawkes.
Keynote recording (link to YouTube)
- Computer Assisted Language Learning (CALL) and Vocabulary (link to the Resource Portal), David Shanks
CALL session recording (link to YouTube)
- Drawing on KS2 Grammar Knowledge for KS3 Foreign Languages (link to the Resource Portal), Rowena Kasprowicz
KS2 Grammar Knowledge session recording (link to YouTube)
- The Teaching of Phonics in MFL: an Overview of Why, What and How (link to the Resource Portal, Robert Woore
Phonics session recording (link to YouTube)
- Introduction and Overview: Grammar Sequencing and Teaching (link to the Resource Portal), Victoria Hobson
Grammar session recording (link to YouTube)
- Final thoughts: the next steps for NCELP, Emma Marsden and Rachel Hawkes
Final thoughts session recording (link to YouTube)
Questions and Answers
The following document includes all the questions asked by webinar attendees and the answers provided by our NCELP specialists either during or after the webinar.
You may also find the following useful:
- NCELP Resource Portal – our open, searchable, and sustainable database for materials supporting language learning and teaching, particularly in the areas of vocabulary, phonics, grammar, meaningful practice, corrective feedback in interaction, and motivation.
- NCELP Schemes of Work – overview of our Schemes of Work.
- NCELP teacher CPD – series of self-access NCELP CPD sessions, for any teachers interested to learn more about the pedagogy.
- Subscribe to the NCELP mailing list to receive updates on NCELP work and new/amended resources added to the Resource Portal.
- You might also be interested in subscribing to the OASIS Alerts mailing list to stay up to date with research in the field of language learning and teaching. Receive one-page, accessible summaries of the latest publications in top journals in the field, such as Language Learning, The Modern Language Journal, and TESOL Quarterly.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.