We are pleased to share updates to MultiLingProfiler, our online, open access vocabulary profiling tool.
As well as obtaining text coverage information using lists of the 1,000 and 2,000 most frequent word families in French, German and Spanish, users can now use the tool to:
- add words and word families to embedded word lists using the ‘add to list’ function
- profile texts using bespoke word lists using the ‘custom list’ function
- obtain statistical information about coverage, including type/token ratio, using the information provided in the ‘word statistics’ and ‘word family statistics’ tables
- edit texts directly in the profiling window and copy the results into another program
- profile texts using word lists aligned with NCELP syllabi up to the end of Term 1 of Year 9 (teachers following the syllabi can use the tool to ascertain which words in a text have been taught at any given point in the school year).
In our next round of updates in September 2021, we will add the following features:
- option to profile texts using lists of the 3,000, 4,000 and 5,000 most frequent words in each language
- downloadable, multi-level frequency-band profiles (CSV file).