David Shanks presented ‘Vocabulary: What’s in a word?’ at the fifth of a series of 5 sessions for ALL (Association for Language Learning) at King Edward VII School, Sheffield today (Wednesday 26 February 2020).
This final session focused on key MFL Pedagogy Review recommendations for teaching vocabulary, research-informed practice and explore the following questions:
· Why is vocabulary so important?
· What does it mean to know a word?
· Which words do learners need to know?
· How many words do they need to know?
· How can they best learn and retain those words?
The session included practical teaching ideas and links to resources in French, German and Spanish.
Download the presentation from the NCELP Resource Portal: